who we are
We are a Christian organization on a mission to rescue, educate, develop, and improve lives of Uganda’s orphaned and most vulnerable children. We overcome the obstacles in their path by equipping them with the necessary skills to become productive and self-sustaining leaders in society.
Our team is comprised of individuals with diverse academic and professional backgrounds, and we like to think that we’re pretty blessed.
Even though our team comes from different professional backgrounds, we’re brought together by the same purpose – to serve those in need by making the most with whatever resources we have. We hope you will join our mission.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We at Imani Milele Children base our ministry on the following statement of faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be God's perfect, divinely inspired, the only infallible, and authoritative Word, revealing His love to the world. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; John 3:16
2. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; John 15:26; 2 Corinthians 13:14
3. We believe in the deity of Our Lord Jesus Christ - God manifest in the flesh, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His mediatorial work and divine miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through the blood He shed on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4
4. We believe in the salvation of the lost and sinful man through, the shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23;
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. Revelation 20:11-15
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
9. We believe that every human life matters; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. John 13:34-35, 1 Thessalonians 3:12, Philippians 2:4, James 1:27